Votiro Cybersec Ltd. and its corporate group affiliates Votiro Inc. and Votiro (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. (collectively, “Votiro”, “we” and “our“) respect your privacy. This policy explains the privacy practices for our website www.votiro.com (the “Website”). It describes the ways your personal information is collected and used and the rights and options available to you with respect to your information.
Providing us your personal information is a choice you make. You are not legally obligated to provide us with this information, but we do need it to provide enhanced user experience on the site.
Your consent serves as the legal basis for processing your personal information. You may withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of data processing we carried out based on your consent before the withdrawal.
Personal information that we collect
Website forms. To complete our online forms (such as our “contact us” or “register for free trial” forms), we ask that you provide us with personal information, such as your name, email address, company and telephone number. We will explicitly indicate the mandatory fields for completion. You must provide complete, accurate and correct details.
Signing up to our updates. If you wish to sign up to receive our periodic updates we will ask you to provide your email address.
Applying for available positions at Votiro. You may apply for career opportunities at Votiro through the Website. To do so, you will be asked to provide information such as your name, email address, phone number and a copy of your résumé (curriculum vitae – CV). The CV you submit will typically include your personal information. Note that your application does not obligate us to consider your candidacy, contact you regarding your application or hire you.
Analytics. We use third party analytics and advertising tools, such as Google Analytics, to collect information pertaining to your activities on the Website. This includes the information or content that you opened, viewed or clicked on, your session durations, the web pages you accessed, the Internet Protocol (IP) address through which you accessed the Website and the city or town where the computer you used to access the Website is located. For more information, please see the ‘cookies’ section of the Policy, below.
Scanning and cleansing files using our demo
You may use the demo feature on our Website to scan and cleanse files from malware that Votiro Disarmer neutralizes. The file types and sizes that may be scanned and cleansed using our demo are indicated on the demo webpage. You will be asked to upload the file you wish to scan and cleanse or use one of the demo files and provide your email address to which we will send the file after our engine scans and cleanses it.
Files that you upload for scanning may include information about you or others, depending on the nature of those files. You must obtain the consent of all individuals (and if they are minors, of their parents or legal guardians), before you uploading files that includes their information. Such consent must allow us to use those files as described in this policy.
When files are uploaded, their transmission to our servers is not necessarily secure. You should not upload any files containing any kind of sensitive information.
We will process your uploaded files for the purpose of neutralizing malware. We may further analyze and use those files for quality assurance purposes relating to Votiro Disarmer and our services as a whole and may share files with other information security and anti-virus providers, for security analysis purposes. We may also use your uploaded files for publicity and marketing purposes, but we will first redact those files of any information in them we identify as personal or business-related.
We retain the files you upload for as long as we deem necessary for the purposes set forth above. We may delete them from our systems, without notice to you, once we deem they are no longer necessary for the purposes set forth above.
Votiro has made efforts to design and develop the Votiro Disarmer to cleanse documents from malware. However, Votiro does not guarantee that the demo will scan and cleanse files from all forms of malware. Votiro is not liable for any failure to protect, cleanse or filter files that you upload to our demo.
VOTIRO SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES YOU INCURRED OR SUMS YOU PAID IN CONSEQUENCE OF USING THE DEMO OR OF ANY HARMFUL COMPONENTS (SUCH AS COMPUTER VIRUSES, WORMS, COMPUTER SABOTAGE, OR CYBER ATTACKS) REMAINING IN THE SCANNED AND CLEANSED FILES.
THE DEMO IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, “WITH ALL FAULTS”. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, VOTIRO DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OF THE DEMO, THE QUALITY OR ACCURACY OF ITS PERFORMANCE OR ITS FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. VOTIRO DOES NOT WARRANT THE FUNCTIONALITY OF THE DEMO WILL MEET ANY REQUIREMENTS, SPECIFICATIONS OR NEEDS YOU MAY HAVE OR THAT THE DEMO WILL BE FREE FROM INTERRUPTIONS OR OTHER FAILURES. ALSO, VOTIRO DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE DEMO WILL OPERATE PROPERLY OR THAT THE DEMO WILL PRODUCE FILES THAT WILL BE NEUTRALIZED OF ALL HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
We do not intentionally or knowingly collect personal information regarding children who are under 13 years of age.
Use of information
We may use the information outlined above for the following purposes:
- To facilitate the access to and use of the Website and its features, and to manage the operational and administrative aspects of the Website;
- If you provided your contact details, submitted an inquiry, or uploaded a file to our demo, we may use your information to contact you, either directly or through others on our behalf, including by e-mail messages;
- Personal information pertaining to your application for open positions at Votiro (including your CV) will only be used internally within Votiro by its authorized personnel, to evaluate your candidacy for open positions at Votiro and contact you regarding open positions at Votiro. We will not share or disclose such personal information with or to third parties outside Votiro, except as described in the section below titled “Transfer of Information to Third Parties”.
- We use files you upload for scanning and cleansing on our demo, for publicity and marketing purposes to the public at large, but we will first redact those files of any information in them we identify as personal or business-related.
- Send periodic e-mails (information and updates including company news and product developments, reports, invitations, suggestions of interest and other marketing materials).
- Conduct sales and service related communications (personal e-mails and phone calls, event invitations etc.). To develop and improve our products and services as a whole, and to improve and enhance the services and content offered on the Website;
- To enforce the Terms and this policy, and prevent misuse of the Website and our services;
- To comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies and authorities, if we believe it is necessary or justified; and
- Take any action in any case of dispute involving you with respect to the Website.
Sharing Information with third parties
We may share personal information outlined in this policy, with others, in any of the following instances:
- With our service providers (such as WordPress, Pardot by Salesforce), in order to operate, maintain and enhance the Website and facilitate our email communications with you;
- Personal information pertaining to your application for open positions at Votiro (including your CV) may be shared with service providers we engage with to evaluate candidates. Their use of such information is strictly limited to this purpose;
- We may share files you upload for scanning and cleansing on our demo with other information security and anti-virus providers, for security analysis purposes. We may also use your uploaded files for publicity and marketing purposes to the public at large, but we will first redact those files of any information in them we identify as personal or business-related.
- If you contacted us and expressed interest in products or services provided by one of our partners, we may share your contact information with the relevant partner;
- If you abused your rights to use the Website, or violated any applicable law – your information may be shared with authorities or other third parties, if we believe it is necessary or justified;
- With attorneys, courts and relevant third parties, in any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind involving you with respect to the Website;
- If the operation of the Website is organized within a different framework, or through another legal structure or entity (such as due to a merger or acquisition), provided that those entities agree to be bound by the provisions of this policy, with reasonably necessary changes taken into consideration; and
- We may share personal information with our corporate group entities (companies that we control, control us, or are under common control with us – whether directly or indirectly), but their use of such information will comply with this policy.
In any case other than above, your personal information will be shared with others only if you provide your explicit prior consent.
Aggregated or anonymized information
We may use the information we collect, as outlined above, to compile anonymized or aggregated information, either by ourselves or with the assistance of third parties such as Google Analytics. We may share, sell or otherwise communicate and make available such anonymized or aggregated information to any other third party, at our sole discretion.
Business and technology updates
We only send email updates to users who have signed-up to receive them. To unsubscribe from our updates, click the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of each email update.
Cookies and other trackers
We use various types of cookies and other types of web trackers, which help us to administer and operate the Website and improve our ability to deliver content and ads that are more relevant to you.
These trackers are used for the following main purposes:
- Collect statistical information about your use of the Website;
- Collect behavioral information about your surfing on our own Website and other websites which then helps advertisers like us deliver ads that are more relevant to you.
If you wish to block cookies, you may do so through your browser’s settings. You can delete cookies that are already on your computer and you can set your browser to prevent them from being placed going forward. Please refer to the browser’s help menu for further information.
For information about opting-out of Google Analytics cookies, click here. For information about opting-out of cookies Google uses for advertising, click here. Please also bear in mind that disabling cookies may adversely affect your user experience on the website.
Transfer of data outside your territory
We may store and process information in the European Union and in other countries such as the United States. We may also process information using cloud services. The laws in those other countries may provide a lesser degree of data protection than the laws of your own country. You agree to the transfer of your information to such other countries for the purpose of processing as described in this Policy, including through cloud services.
Accessing, updating or deleting your information
You may ask to access the personal information about you that is stored in our systems, or have us update, correct or delete such information. You are also entitled to ask to transfer your data to another party (‘data portability’ right), in accordance with the law. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, contact us at: email@example.com.
We retain personally identifiable information for as long as we deem necessary for the purposes set forth above. We may delete information from our systems, without notice to you, once we deem it is no longer necessary for the purposes set forth above.
We implement measures to reduce risks of damage, loss and unauthorized access or use of information, but they do not provide absolute security. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that the Website is immune to unauthorized access to the information stored therein and to other information security risks.
The following disclosure is made pursuant to California Online Privacy Protection Act: When you use our Website, other parties, such as Google may collect personally identifiable information about your activities over time and across different websites or online services.
Residents of the European Union
The following disclosure is made pursuant to the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time; and to submit a complaint to the relevant supervisory data protection authority.
We may change this policy from time to time. Substantial changes will take effect 30 days after we provide a notice of such changes on the Website. Other changes will take effect 7 days after we provide notice. However, if the policy is amended to comply with legal requirements, the amendments will become effective immediately upon their initial posting, or as required. The most up-to-date policy will always be accessible on our Website.
In any event, we will seek your explicit consent if we wish to have substantial changes to the policy apply to personal information we collected prior to those changes.
Additional Provisions Applicable to individuals in the EU
Controller. Votiro Cybsersec Ltd. is the data controller for the purposes of the personal data we collect via the Website and for the performance of the services offered through the Website.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Data.
- The legal basis for collecting and processing information when uploading a file to our demo is its necessity in order to provide you with our service;
- The legal basis for processing and collecting Analytical Information is our legitimate interests in operating our Website, ongoing management of our business and business development;
- The legal basis for collecting and processing your information for sending you promotional communications is your explicit consent;
- Further processing and data retention may occur based on legal requirements.
EU Rights. You have the following rights under the GDPR:
- Right to Access. You have a right to access your personal data that we process and receive a copy of it.
- Right to Rectification. You have the right to ask us to rectify inaccurate personal data concerning you and to have incomplete personal data completed.
- Right to Data Portability. You have a right to receive the personal data that you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You have the right to transmit this data to a third party. Where technically feasible, you have the right that your personal data be transmitted directly from us to a third party you designated.
- Right to Withdraw Consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent for processing your personal data at any time. If you do that, we will not collect any further personal data, but we will further process the data we already collected for reasons described in this Policy. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of data processing we carried out based on your consent before such withdrawal.
- Right to Object. If you previously agreed that your personal data may be used for other purposes other than registering and/or placing an order, you may have a right to object to the use of your personal data for such additional purposes.
- Right to Restrict. You have the right to restrict processing of your personal data (except for storing it) if you contest the accuracy of your personal data, for a period enabling us to verify its accuracy; if you believe that the processing is unlawful and you opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests instead to restrict its use; if we no longer need the personal data for the purposes outlined in this Policy, but they are required by you to establish, exercise or defence relating to legal claims, or if you object to processing, pending the verification whether our legitimate grounds for processing override yours.
- Right to be Forgotten. Under certain circumstances, such as when you withdraw your consent, you have the right to ask us to erase your personal data. However, we may still process your personal data if it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation we are subject to under laws in EU Member States.
If you believe your right have been infringed, you can lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority operating under the GDPR. For a list of supervisory authorities in the EU, click here.
You may send us requests, questions and comments at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: August 7 2018.
for 30 days. No commitment.
set up the full experience
hear from you